AP Exam Procedures

Quincy High School AP Exam Procedures

Quincy High School AP Exam Coordinator: Thomas Galvin, Guidance Counselor

Stephanie Jones, Guidance Counselor

Paulette D’Oyley, Students with Disabilities Coordinator

William Reardon, Guidance Department Head

Taking AP Exams with Accommodations

To take an AP Exam with accommodations, a student must be approved for accommodations by the College Board Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) office.

In order to request accommodations for the AP exams, students and families should contact the SSD coordinator identified above by January 18, 2024.

Before the rest of the application can be processed, the student’s parents or guardian must sign the Parent Consent Form. If the student is over age 18, then the student signs the form.

The SSD coordinator will open a request with the College Board online. The SSD coordinator will enter the contact information, requested accommodations, information about the student’s disability, and any formal accommodations plan. In most cases, no additional information is needed if the student requests the same accommodations used in an IEP, 504, or other formal, school-based plan.

The SSD office of the College Board then sends a notice of the decision. The SSD coordinator can read the decision online. The student receives a notice via postal mail. You can also request a copy of your decision letter by contacting the SSD Customer Service.

If accommodations are approved, the decision letter also has an eligibility letter with test-by-test details.

Missed Deadline for accommodation requests

If you missed the deadline to submit your request for accommodations on the AP exam, submit your request as soon as possible.

Administration of Accommodations

The district will administer all accommodations approved by the College Board on the day of the test administration. Accommodations approved by the College Board will be administered in the least restrictive environment and in the format (digital/paper pencil) offered by the district.


Parents, guardians, or students may file a complaint with the district’s Section 504/Title II Coordinator, Julie Graham, [email protected], by sending a written statement or by calling 617-984-8803 if they believe their student with a disability was discriminated against in the district’s administration of the AP exams.